Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Bum My Head!!"

Tonight started off as any other ordinary night for us.  I had some monogramming I needed to do for my side business, The Red Thread Monogramming, so I ran up to my Grandmommy and Grandaddy's house to pick up P and do a little sewing.  Justin was at home straightening up and I was going to head home soon to meet him for us to fix omelets together for dinner.  But, my Mom surprised the family with a roast dinner, so after I finished my sewing, we all headed over to Mom and Dad's for dinner.

As Mom was finishing up the meal, I was reading a Rachel Ray magazine and P was doing one of his favorite activities...Standing tipi-toed by the refrigerator filling a cup up with ice and dumping it into the dog's water bowl.  But then, he spilt some of the water.  So I jumped up and rolled up his pants legs, took off his socks, got him another pair and proceeded to put the dry pair on him.  While I was doing this, Mom was cleaning up the water.  But P didn't want new socks on.  So I said, "Do you want Daddy to put them on?"  To which he grinned and said, "Dadeeeee sock."  So I scooped him up and started walking to the living room to get Justin to help me put P's socks on him.  

Apparently, a piece of ice accidentally got left in the floor because as I stepped, my feet flew out from under me.  When I fell, I landed on my knee cap, and Perry was literally slammed into the floor.  I hit so hard, I was actually stunned, lying there looking at my child.  Thank goodness Mom was right there and sailed over me to pick up Perry.  In the eternity that it seemed to take me to get up, Mom had him wrapped in her arms.  I was standing there hysterical, knowing and hearing how hard we hit, seriously thinking Perry was dead.  It was the worst feeling of my entire life.  It had to have been at least 10 seconds before Perry did ANYTHING!  Then finally, a look of horror swept across his face and silent crocodile tears began to stream down his face, and then about 10 more seconds passed and he took a gasp of air and started screaming!!  Plus, there was blood.  It was awful!!  Perry immediately put his hands on his head and started screaming, "BUM MY HEAAAAAA!!!!"  

Upon final evaluation, I have a hurt, black and blue, swollen knee.  Perry's face is black and blue in three different places, plus his top lip is busted completely across.  To my complete astonishment, he didn't knock out any teeth!  As you will notice, there are no pictures to this post.  It seriously looks so bad, that Justin didn't want me to post pictures.  It all happened about 6:00pm, so we kept him awake until about 9:45 to make sure he acted okay.  The only time he threw up was right after it happened, and I think he just got so worked up that he gagged himself.  I am so thankful that Mom (RN) was there to keep an eye on him and make sure he was doing all the right things, otherwise, we'd have been at the ER.  

We finally made it to our house at about 10:15 to get snuggled in bed.  I have been crying since 6:00, beyond upset about the whole situation.  I can't even begin to explain how horrible this night was.  I am literally so sick to my stomach.  I'm not sure if I have caught a bug or not, but feel that it is most likely just a side effect of how upset and stressed I was about the whole situation.  Please pray for my sweet Perry because he also has been battling a very bad cold this whole weekend.  And just to know how bad this night was for us, I have taken a half day from school tomorrow to sleep late and snuggle with my angel bug.  This is a HUGE deal for me because I NEVER miss school.  But this was big.  Seriously, it was the worst night of my life.  

5 kind thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I am sooo sorry this happened to you & Perry!!! I can only imagine how upsetting & stressful it was for you, wondering & worrying if he's okay. I'm glad you're both okay though, despite the bruising & cuts. Poor little man! I'm sure all of the love around him made him feel better though & he's sleeping soundly now. I hope YOU get some sleep tonight as well and don't let this keep you up. It was an ice accident, these things happen. I'm seriously glad you're both okay though. Prayers & love to you and your sweet little Perry. xoxoxo

The Stone's said...

Wow...that is terrible! Makes my day seem not so bad! I hope you're enjoying your morning and that you are both lopking better soon!


Mary Louis Quinn said...

Aww that makes me so sad! That post made me tear up. :( I'm glad that y'all are all ok and that your mom was there! I know that was scary!

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Oh my! I am SO sorry this happened to you two~ there is nothing worse than your child being hurt and not being able to make it better. Glad you both are ok and hope you have a better day today.
Blessings and Joy

Meals by Misty said...

BROOKE!! I'm so sorry :( I actually teared up reading this. I hope yall are ok. Come see me tomorrow before you leave. You need a hug. Give Perry a hug from Finn and I!

Post a Comment

Our Adoption Timeline

  • June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
  • July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
  • September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
  • October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
  • October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
  • November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
  • December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
  • February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter
© Heart and Seoul

CoffeeShop Designs