There are estimated to be around 147 million orphans in the world.
In reality, that number is much, much higher. 147 million, is all that legally have been recorded.
And I get photos of these children on a weekly basis...
Through our adoption agency, adoption advocates asking for money, special needs reports, new referalls being added to the wait list, etc.
And you wanna know why this is so bad?
I fall in love with EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. OF. THEM.
Really. I want to be the Mommy to every one of them that I lay my eyes on.
I thank God each and everyday that he gave me such a passion for adoption because, ya'll, I think it is just about the coolest thing, and I'm absurdly excited to be a part of it!
But at the same time, my heart breaks on a DAILY. BASIS.
I so look forward to the day when the orphan crisis will be 147 million minus one.
And I pray that God some way, some how uses me to bring comfort and joy to those left behind.
Our Adoption Timeline
- June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
- July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
- September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
- October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
- October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
- November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
- December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
- February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter