Tuesday, September 27, 2011

When I am Weak, He is Strong

It has been a very long, hard past several weeks…Speaking to pediatricians and other medical specialists, praying, waiting, researching…

With a lot of bumps and new unexpected medical information popped in between.

Justin and I made our official decision last night and it is not at all what we wanted.

Ultimately, we have come to the decision that we aren’t the best family to meet this little girl’s needs. Some of the new findings on her medical report (that were sent to us last week) presented some unknowns that we just didn’t feel like we would be able to handle, given they might be the worst case scenario.

We are incredibly disappointed and sad, but at the same time, we truly feel God’s peace about our decision. We know that God has a reason for allowing us to fall in love with this little girl and over time, we hope that He reveals that reason to us. But if not, we still know that He is sovereign and we are trusting that He will guide us according to His good and perfect will.

Please say a little prayer for this beautiful girl that her forever family finds her incredibly soon! She deserves to be snuggled in a Mommy's arms as much as any other sweet baby!

With Love,

1 kind thoughts:

Kayce said...

Hugs Brooke...Will keep her and you in my prayers.

Post a Comment

Our Adoption Timeline

  • June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
  • July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
  • September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
  • October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
  • October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
  • November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
  • December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
  • February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter
© Heart and Seoul

CoffeeShop Designs