I find it so interesting that we can see craters and “starbursts” on the moon’s surface while we’re so so far from it. It amazes me that such a gigantic ball of rock can “float” in outer space. But most of all, I think my love and obsession of the moon all stems from knowing it’s the same beautiful moon that shines over my precious Ruby and her birth and foster family each night!
Friday, November 11, 2011
I am slightly obsessed with the moon. (Justin might inform you it’s a little more serious than that….I’m pretty sure he might even be getting me a telescope for Christmas.) I am ALWAYS taking pictures of it. I really wish I had a better zoom lens for this, but money’s tight right now, so I’m shooting with what I’ve got. Tonight, we had a GORGEOUS harvest moon. I was running around like a mad woman trying to get my camera and the lens I needed to go photograph it, and by the time I “got to it,” it had already lost a little of its “pumpkin-ness.” Nevertheless, I still wanted to capture it. Unfortunately, the clarity didn’t come out quite as well as it normally does. I don’t know if the dimness of the orangey color had anything to do with it. Even so, I still think the moon is so magical up there…glowing, yet not an actual light source.
Our Adoption Timeline
- June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
- July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
- September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
- October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
- October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
- November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
- December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
- February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter