I am a smidge bit of a control freak. (It tends to run in my family.) And this week, I am feeling particularly out of control. More out of control than normal, that is. And, I know that it’s ok, and I keep telling myself that it’s ok, but I’m having a smidge bit of a hard time feeling ok with knowing that. Make Sense? But, I have found comfort in the following verses. I know I have many different adoptive bloggy friends and a few “everyday life” friends that are also in this crazy adoption process, so I hope that these verses comfort you a little bit today, as well.
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”
Philippians 2:13 “It is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.”
Psalm 37:4, 7a “Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him.”
PS- About five minutes after I posted this, I received an email saying our Home Study was approved!! Thanks be to God from Whom ALL blessings flow!! AMEN! :D
Our Adoption Timeline
- June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
- July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
- September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
- October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
- October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
- November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
- December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
- February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter