Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Today is my birthday. A birthday that I’ve waited YEARS for! I FINALLY turn 25 (spring chicken, yeah, yeah…)! This means our Home Study can officially be sent to South Korea! So, now, we continue to pray over the photolisting referrals we will continue to get a few times each month, while also waiting on Korea to approve our Home Study and start the process to match our family with our sweet Ruby-Grace. That is, if we don’t find her on one of the other referrals first. Which, I’m not gonna lie- I would kind of prefer since it’s typically the sooner the better in this Momma’s opinion. Numerous people keep asking when we will get to go get her. We are THINKING that if we are to find her on one of the shared lists, that after we officially become matched with her, we would travel about 6ish months after that to bring her home. IF we end up waiting for Korea to match us, the match probably wouldn’t come until about June of next year (due to some EP backlog) which would mean, we would travel around Christmas next year. We are
hoping PRAYING that, worse case scenario, we will bring our little bitty home by the end of 2012! Please oh please oh please be sooner than that! The end of 2012 seems like a life-time away. I’m thinking the waiting part is going to be much harder than the scrambling to get together paperwork done part! Anyway, Happy Birthday to ME! Once step closer to our beautiful baby girl!!
Our Adoption Timeline
- June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
- July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
- September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
- October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
- October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
- November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
- December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
- February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter