This year, one of the biggest things that I want to focus on is our home. Justin and I were (are) very young when we got married, so making our house our home has taken quite a while. Especially given that I feel like I've finally found my "style" in the past year or so. We have some house projects in mind to keep us busy as we wait for Miss Ruby. The trick is going to be completing these projects on a teeny-tiny budget. I plan to document our efforts this year in hopes of helping other's who are just starting out or who just don't have much money to spend on decor figure out how to make a house stylish and cozy!
Monday, January 2, 2012
Last year, I bought a Family Rules sign from Tara at Between You and Me and everyone in my family LOVES it. (I was able to customize the sign to say what I wanted it to. My favorite rule that I HAD to have put on the sign is "Believe in Your Dreams. I cannot express how important I think this is for my family, as well as everyone else in the world!!) It did have a home in our upstairs hallway amongst loads of black and white photos, and while it looked perfectly there, I hated that no one but Justin, P, and me really ever saw it. So this New Years, it found a new home nestled on the mantel. I don't know why I didn't put it there to begin with. I love the pop of neutral against the dark fireplace. (I desperately want to paint all the rock white, but Justin and I want to sell the house soon and we aren't sure what potential buyers would think about that.)
Our Adoption Timeline
- June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
- July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
- September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
- October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
- October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
- November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
- December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
- February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter