After such exciting news, this pill was a little hard to swallow. We’ve waited and prayed since last October for EP’s to be reset and babies to start coming home. However, last night, after just SEVEN days of EP’s being granted, our agency stated that as of yesterday, EP’s would no longer be given out, that the quota for 2012 (for our agency, at least) had already been met. HUH?!! To say we were upset would be a great understatement. We’ve been waiting for FIVE MONTHS and EP’s lasted SEVEN DAYS. First of all, I think that is a true testament to how many babies are stuck in this mess waiting for their forever families to get to them and love all over them. What does this mean for us and little Ruby? We will not travel until sometime in 2013.
Now, I’m going to put this out there. I believe in God the Father, Almighty. CREATOR of heaven and Earth. And I FULLY believe with all my being that if God wants RG home in 2012 then by all means she WILL come home in 2012, government agreement or not. I also have an incredibly strange peace about the situation. Am I sad? Yes. Do I want her home, ummm, yesterday? Yes. But I’ve already seen the tiniest bits and pieces as to how God has illustrated Ruby’s story in HIS timing and I have my utmost trust in HIM that He loves her and wants her home billions times more than I do. She is first and foremost His child and He will bring her home according to His good and perfect plan. If He wants her home in 2012, done! If He wants her to wait until sometime in 2013, HE has a reason. And a plan. And you know what? It's not only good, it's PERFECT!
Until the day I get to throw my arms around our precious girl, I will continue to pray that her foster family is loving on her to pieces and spoiling her rotten!
Our Adoption Timeline
- June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
- July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
- September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
- October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
- October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
- November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
- December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
- February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter