I wrote this a few days after we received our referral. I wasn't sure if I would acutally post it or not because it felt so personal to me, but I decided that I wanted to show my heart during this time in our lives. I'm hoping that in some way or another, it will help another family making tough decisions as well. In the days to come, I plan to give more of a look into our decision process reguarding this little cutie.
Please guide my mind and my heart. You’ve shown us this beautiful little girl who I desperately want to be mine. I don’t want to be scared by her medical prognosis. I want to trust in You and You alone. I know you are bigger than any doctor or medicine. Please guide my and Justin’s hearts as we make this decision for her and our family.
Lord, please be with HJ, even if we are not her Mommy and Daddy. Please whisper to her heart how special and loved she already is. Comfort her and nourish her. Help her grow strong, healthy, and happy. Instill in her a hope for the future and an inner joy that no one can take away from her. Protect her, even if I cannot.
Please be with her foster family. Guide them as the take care of her little body. Help them to make the best choices for her. Prepare their hearts for her future adoption. Give them joy and peace in knowing that she will have a family, forever, one day.
As we attempt to patiently wait for more doctors’ opinions and advice, please whisper Your will loudest to our hearts, and give us the strength and courage to rely solely on you.
In Your Most Holy Name I pray,
Our Adoption Timeline
- June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
- July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
- September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
- October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
- October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
- November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
- December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
- February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter