I feel a bit embarrassed and a little snooty to say this, but I honestly thought all you other ladies were just whiny and over dramatic when it came to "jet-lag". I mean, jet lag coudn't be that bad, right? After all, it is all in your head.
Though I would have NEVER said that to anyone's face, I did, however, think it, and for that, I am truly sorry. Honestly. You were ALL right!
I. Am. So. Tired!
We got back Saturday night, took a Sunday of rest, then, I was thrown back into my work-day routine on Monday. Only on Monday, we had a FIELD TRIP... to the ZOO. Fun as it was, it was HOT, HUMID, and a WHOLE lotta walking! Did I not do enough walking for an entire life-time while I was in Korea??!!
Thanks to my amazing husband who is patient and kind beyond reason, I slept from 4:15pm last night to 5:40am this morning. And you know what? I'm STILL tired.
Gotta put my game face on and teach some cuties their ABC's and 123's, but I'd be lyin' if I didn't admit that I'm seriously ready for some summer laziness!
So, if you're wondering... yep- jet lag is for real. And, on a side note, if you're heading to Korea anytime soon, I suggest you pack your walking shoes...and get in better shape before you go! ;)
Our Adoption Timeline
- June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
- July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
- September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
- October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
- October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
- November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
- December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
- February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter