Today is a "date" that I have waited for my whole life, and will most certainly be a date to remember and reflect on or the rest of my life.
One year ago today, Justin and I completed and turned in our application to adopt. It was one of the best days of my life. A true dream come true.
A lot has happened in the past year:
- Started the adoption process!!!
- Met Amanda and Michael!! Who have become some of our very best friends and adoption supporters.
- Got a new teaching job- made lots of new friends during the year.
- Went on a great family beach vacay and were on Cloud 9 that we had finally officially started the adoption process!
- Reviewed a beautiful baby girl's file- realized she wasn't our sweet girl. Still pray for her.
- Designed our "Rags to Ruby" t-shirts for our first official fund-raiser. Still for sell if you want to grab one! Check out the bottom of the blog to order! :D
- Took Perry to Chattanooga to the "Elf Workshop"... the best "family of three" vacation yet.
- Became a Pearl River Outreach sponsor to the darling Caroline.
- Started my photography portfolio.
- Received HJ's referral and instantly fell in love.
- Were devastated to realize that despite our abundant love for this precious child, we had to release her referral. Pray for her everyday. Love her beyond words. Still don't quite understand why she is not ours. Trusting God's plan...
- Went on the most amazing trip of my life and fell madly in love with the country of Korea.
- Hand delivered a care package to Holt for our beloved HJ
- Celebrated my fifth wedding anniversary with my very best friend.
- Celebrated P's third birthday!
- Became a stay at home Mommy-the education world can be cruel, but excited about fulfilling another amazing dream of staying home with my babies....gotta learn the couponing game! ;)
- Got permission to "sponsor" HJ and have the opportunity to send her more care packages.
I spoke to Holt on Monday and was told that we should have another referral any day now. As excited as I am that we could see our baby girl tomorrow.... or another year from now.... I mean, no one can predict when a baby fit for our family will come through the agency's listing....it's still strange to me that it won't be HJ. I'm happy with all the blessings God has given us through the adoption world this past year and absolutely can't wait to see what our next "year" has in store for us. I'm really praying that it includes a baby sister for Perry and another trip around the globe! I can't wait to get back to Korea!!