Tomorrow I leave on one of the most exciting trips I can imagine!!! ...
Royal Family Kids Camp #218!!!
The first year our church held a camp, I found out I was pregnant with Perry, and camp was about two weeks after Itty Bitty was born. Since then, I have just felt that P was too young for me to go.
But this year, I'm happy to report that Justin will be holding down the fort and Mommy will be ministering to and pampering 64 PRECIOUS children who are in the foster care system, who have in some way or another, been abused or neglected.
My heart couldn't possibly be more excited to love all over these precious souls, who couldn't be more deserving of the unconditional love of Jesus Christ.
Camp will be throughout Friday of next week, at an undisclosed location, and all communication will be extremely limited, mainly for the safety of our campers. However, I will be able to call J & P nightly, though very late, and tell them how much I love and miss them.
I have also considered the irony of us getting a referral the week I am away from my cell phone and computer. Our agency now has the camp number, the camp director number, and my "dean's" number, as well as Justin's number, should they be needed. Truth be told, the chances of us getting a referral this week are really 50/50, just like any other day, but I wanted to be on the safe side... you know, just in case. It's not like I'm ready for a referral or anything.... ;)
Woo-Hoo!! Happy Camp Week!!! Please pray for all these babies (age 6-13) as we hopefully bless them by sharing God's perfect love with them!!!
Our Adoption Timeline
- June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
- July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
- September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
- October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
- October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
- November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
- December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
- February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter