Thursday, July 5, 2012
A few weeks ago, Mom, Melissa, Mrs. Kelli (Melissa's future Mother In Law), and I loaded up to go to one of the best little wedding boutiques in Alabama, Diane's Formal Affair. We love this little shop and its family feel. There are never too many people there, so service is wonderful. Plus, they have an amazing selection of wedding gowns and accessories!
When we first got there, I saw this dreaded sign... but with a little sweet talking, I was given permission to get a few snaps in. Then, after we actually purchased the dress, I was able to go all paparazzi, per my usual!
At first, Melissa was so funny about which dresses she "clipped" as her faves. But, as she tried on a few, she was able to let loose a little more and try on some "questionable" dresses. It is just so hard to tell what they look like when they are packaged nicely in those large plastic bags.
Overall, she tried on several dresses that were very pretty, one that I dubbed an 80's prom dress FLOP!, and two that were jaw droppingly stunning! Although both were drop dead gorgeous on her, there was one that we all just knew was "the dress."
When Melissa was in the debating stages between the two, I just couldn't imagine leaving "her gown" at the store if she chose the other. I was trying to conjure up all the places I could sport another wedding gown! ;) ....And how in the world I could afford to pay for it and then justify to Justin that that dress just HAD to come home with our family! Whew! Good thing Melissa actually chose it!
Our Adoption Timeline
- June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
- July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
- September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
- October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
- October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
- November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
- December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
- February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter