Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Monday, June 20, 2016
So, sometimes a photo shoot goes *e-x-a-c-t-l-y* the way you envision. And there's this sort of photographer euphoria that one experiences.
This was such a shoot.
But let me tell you when it gets even better.
When you go home and view those photos on a big 'ole computer screen and the emotion behind those photos becomes so vividly evident that you can barely edit them because you are so choked up with tears in your eyes.
This was such a shoot.
Because this young man has chosen to serve his country, he will be gone from his beloved for a long time. A very long time. And to know that these photos are gonna be held onto tightly, probably laughed over, cried over, and certainly prayed over until he comes back home to his sweetheart... well, that's big stuff.
It was truly an honor and privilege to photograph these two. I'm so thankful for both their sacrifice, and especially for K's service in keeping this home of the brave, free.
the many brave men and women of our armed forces, who protect our freedoms at all costs
the brave families that they leave behind as they train and defend our great nation
Thursday, June 2, 2016
So, I went through a handful of blog titles for this one, but basically, I just called it like I saw it...with a little flare of alliteration, of course.
I mean, how gorgeous is she?!
This lady o.w.n.e.d. the camera and pretty much had all of us behind our cameras drooling.
And, as if her looks couldn't kill, her sweet personality and laugh were just off the charts!
belly laughs with friends
limos with champagne
long drives through the Pennsylvania countryside
beautiful brides walking down cobblestone streets
a crisp, refreshing, chill in the air...that this pregnant momma is currently missing!
Our Adoption Timeline
- June 19, 2011- We are officially "Paper Pregnant!" We have submitted our Waiting Child Application to Holt!
- July 5, 2011- Submitted our formal Home Study Application to Villa Hope
- September 6, 2011- Submitted all of our paperwork for our Home Study
- October 8, 2011- Completed our First Home Visit
- October 17, 2011- Completed our Second Home Visit
- November 14, 2011- Home Study Approved
- December 1, 2011- Filed our I600a
- February 1, 2012- I600a Approval Letter